Thon reaffirmed the ministry’s commitment to national defence and urged everyone to maintain a united front in the face of the country’s evolving security
By Aguok Chok
The Minister of Defence and Veteran Affairs, Chol Thon Balok, has appealed to the staff members and senior officials in the ministry to support the newly appointed Undersecretary, Gregory Deng Kuaac
Thon reaffirmed the ministry’s commitment to national defence and urged everyone to maintain a united front in the face of the country’s evolving security needs.
He made the statement during the reception of the new undersecretary at the minister’s headquarters in Bilpham yesterday
The newly sworn-in Undersecretary for the Ministry of Defence and Veterans’ Affairs, Gregory Deng Kuaac, assumed office officially on Thursday.
In his welcoming speech, Minister Thon warmly welcomed the new Undersecretary Deng and emphasized the importance of unity.
“You are not a new person, you were with us before, and you are welcome back,” Thon said.
“You know our challenges very well, so we expect you to unite with the team and use your expertise so that we take this ministry to the next level.”
The Undersecretary, Gregory Deng Kuaac, himself the guest of the event, expressed deep gratitude for the trust bestowed upon him and assured the ministry’s leadership of his dedication to duty.
He pledged to work collaboratively with all key stakeholders to support the national forces and improve their well-being.
“I am committed to working hand in hand with all stakeholders to serve our forces and contribute positively to national security,” Gregory stated during his address.
Deng emphasized the importance of team spirit, cooperation, and effective communication in strengthening the institution.
However, he acknowledged the challenges facing the ministry but remained optimistic that through joint efforts, they would overcome all challenges.
“I am looking forward to collaborating closely with the Minister, the Chief of Defence Forces, and the entire Ministry team,” Deng added.
“Together, we can enhance the welfare of our soldiers and build a stronger institution.”
Meanwhile, the outgoing Undersecretary, Kuol Deng Kuol, expressed his confidence in his successor’s ability to lead.
Kuol expressed his willingness to continue supporting the Ministry when needed.
“I trust he would perform well,” Kuol said, pledging to support his successor.
Gregory Deng’s appointment brings a familiar face back into the Ministry’s leadership, as he had previously served in other capacities within the defence sector.
Deng’s return to the ministry has been described by many as a welcome development, given his experience and knowledge of the ministry.
