0 3 min 1 yr

The motive behind the murder remains unclear, with the incident leaving the family in deep shock and grief.

By Emmanuel Mandella

A tragic incident unfolded in Source Yubu Payam, Tombura County, when a mother of four, identified only as Lucia, was brutally stabbed to death by her husband on Sunday night before her body and home were set ablaze.

According to the victim’s family, they received a distressing phone call at around 11 PM, informing them that Lucia had been killed by her husband. The man is said to have fled the scene immediately after committing the crime.

The motive behind the murder remains unclear, with the incident leaving the family in deep shock and grief.

The family is now calling on local authorities to ensure the suspect is arrested and held accountable for his actions.

Speaking to reporters, Payam Chief Sultan Anthony Salabario confirmed the incident, stating that local security forces have been informed and are working tirelessly to track down the suspect.

“We are making efforts to ensure justice is served. The community must remain calm and not take the law into their own hands,” Sultan Anthony urged.

He further reassured residents that Source Yubu remains peaceful, even as it continues to host internally displaced persons (IDPs) from conflict-affected areas like Tambura. The chief appealed to well-wishers to support the displaced families, many of whom fled while leaving behind their properties and homes in destroyed.

This marks the second brutal killing of a woman in Western Equatoria State this year. In February, a young girl, Naboro Jenty John, was also stabbed to death in Yabua Boma in Nzara County.

She was reportedly murdered by her elder sister’s husband while trying to stop him from burning down their house.

The rise in such cases has sparked concerns over the safety of women in the state. Community leaders and activists are urging stronger legal actions and preventive measures to curb gender-based violence.

As investigations continue, the family of Lucia remain devastated, seeking justice for their loved one while struggling to care for the four children left behind.

“We are making efforts to ensure justice is served. The community must remain calm and not take the law into their own hands,” Payam Chief Sultan Anthony Salabario said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *