President Salva Kiir Mayardit sacked the Deputy Minister for Public Service and Human Resource Development, Khalid Botrous Bora, in a republican decree and named Julius Tabule Daniel as his replacement in a separate decree.
Bora and Tabule are both members of the National Salvation Front faction in the South Sudan Opposition Movement Alliance (SSOMA).
“I Salva Kiir Mayardit, President of the Republic of South Sudan, do hereby issue this Republican Decree for the appointment of the Honorable Julius Tabule Daniel, as the Deputy Minister of Public Service, and Human Resource Development, in the Revitalised Transitional Government of National Unity,” the decree partly said, as announced by SSBC on Monday.
The changes were announced in a number of decrees, but no reasons were cited for the removal of Mr Bora.
However, the country anticipates the announcing of the decrees for the formation of the unified command, which was scheduled for Monday but failed for unrevealed reasons.
Lists submitted
Yesterday, the Vice President for Service Delivery Cluster, who doubles as the chairman of the South Sudan Opposition Alliance (SSOA), Hussein Abdelbagi Akol, submitted the list of SSOA Generals to be added to the unified command structure.
The official spokesperson of SSOA, Brig Gen Samuel Shan, said after the list was submitted that the presidency would decide on the opportune time to announce the unified command.
“The list from SSOA is fully submitted today. We will just be waiting for further action from the presidency, “the SSOA Spokesperson noted.
“We are allotted only seven positions in all the six security services. [They include] two positions in national security, one in SSPDF, one in police, one in prison, one in wildlife, and one in people’s defence. “
Shan added that the timeline for announcing the unified command was Monday, but they were not informed about the possible causes of delays.
“It will be up to the presidency to decide when to announce, but I don’t know the criteria there. As far as our knowledge is concerned, the deadline for the announcement of the unified command is today, but if there is an extension, it is not yet been brought to our attention, “he concluded.
On Friday last week, the First Vice President, Dr Riek Machar Teny, submitted the list of SPLM/A-IO Generals to the unified command.
The Director for Information and Public Relations in Machar’s office noted that they were waiting for the unification of command and the subsequent graduation of forces as the full implementation matrix for the implementation of Chapter Two of the Revitalised Agreement on the Resolution of the Conflict in South Sudan.
