By Lodu William Odiya
The National Security Service on Monday (yesterday) denied a deceptive report which circulated on social media that senior governmental officials were summoned by Internal Security Bureau (Anti-corruption security division) for questioning over matters related to corruption.
David John Kumuri, the Director of public relations at the Internal Security Bureau- National Security Service, said that no such summons had been issued and that the claims circulating in the media were unfounded.
“The National Security Service (NSS) emphasized its commitment to upholding the rule of law and ensuring accountability within the country, but also stressed the importance of verifying such information before disseminating it to the public” Kumuri said.
Mr. Kumuri cautioned against reporting on matters related to the activities of the National Security Service and other government entities, urging media outlets to rely on credible sources and avoid spreading rumors.
“The NSS further reaffirmed its support for anti-corruption efforts and promised to continue cooperating with relevant authorities in tackling corruption in South Sudan” he added.
He further stated that the National Security Service will ensure any actions taken in this regard would follow due process in line with national laws and regulations.
“This clarification comes amid growing attention to corruption issues within the government and public sector, with citizens and organizations alike calling for greater transparency and accountability from public officials” Kumuri stated.
