By Theophilous Ochang
At least three Cholera suspected patients have died in Ikotos County and 14 were admitted to the health center.
According to the health authorities, the suspected cholera cases were all recorded from Logire village of Imotong Payam in Ikotos County.
In an interview with The City Review on Sunday, Lokenyi, Julius, the Ikotos County Health Department Officer said there were 17 suspected Cholera cases.
“There were 17 cases and from these, we have lost three of them; one male and two female in the first week.”
He said though it has not been confirmed yet whether it is Cholera, all patients are showing signs and symptoms of the disease.
“It is not the ordinary diarrhea but it’s a case to do with cholera since it has some signs and symptoms.”
Meanwhile, Dr. Etin Concord, the Director General of the State Ministry of Health confirmed the incident, saying the three samples have been referred to the Juba Public Health Laboratory for testing.
According to Dr Concord, the team has been dispatched to the ground to conduct awareness and case management.
“The team on the ground is active. My advice to the communities is that they should adhere to the advice of the team,” Dr. Concord said.
According to him, the suspect is believed to have come from the neighboring Agoro area of Lawino District in Northern Uganda.
As of January 22, South Sudan had recorded more than 50,000 cases, and over 400 related deaths.
“We see than cases in most of the Counties have started to decline, except for Juba, Mayom, Twic East and Aweil West, which are reporting most of the cases as of now,” said Dr. Harriet Pasquel, the Undersecretary in the Ministry of Health, during a media interview late last month.
